The Coming of the Sheep-Catchers!
March 9, 2014
- During past few weeks we have talked about sheep.
- We have talked about how lost sheep are without hope
- We have spoken about how God has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation
- We have talked about going fishing
- We have talked about what Susanville sheep look like
- But what is the vision we have for the Grace Fellowship
- How does this fit in to the bigger picture?
- I have mentioned before how this church was given a founding prophecy, which said that this church would be a source of healing and restoration for this community
- What does this look like?
- Here is the vision I have for this church:
- Vision statement - We see Grace Fellowship as being a growing, Spirit-filled, multi-generational, multi-cultural, unified, motivated group of believers, reaching thousands, with multiple church services, church plants, home groups and ministries, reaching out into the Susanville, Janesville and Lake Forest communities, overcoming spiritual opposition, and extending encouragement, restoration and healing through a vibrant relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The baby has been conceived, this church now pregnant
WHAT DO WE BRING TO THE TABLE?
- We are co-laborers with Christ
- Takes all of us
- Our gifts – fill out form and place in basket
- Luke 9:12-17 - Loaves and fishes
- We may not think we have much to offer, but God has a way of multiplying things!
- 1 Cor 1:26-31 – our calling
- We are not necessarily the world's brightest
- But God will use anyone who is dedicated to him
- Zech 4:6-10 - Not by might nor by power but by my Spirit
- Do not despise the day of small beginnings
WHERE DO WE START?
- Acts 1:8 – start at home with your friends
- 1 Cor 7:17-24 - In whatever station of life, make the most of it
- Psa 1:3 - Grow where planted
- God knows who you are and your circumstances
- Some did not agree with moving to our present location
- Be content with where we are now
- God is aware, and this is where we are today
- This is where we stand
- This is where we plant our flag
- Psa 60:4
- I see an army come over the crest of the hill
- They wear armor and carry swords
- Their helmets flash as the sun catches them in the distance
- They are stretched in a line from horizon to horizon as far as the eye can see
- In their midst is a banner
- The motif on the flag is the Lamb of God, bearing a Cross
- They have come to bring hope and freedom to the lost
- They fight against the darkness to set the captives free
- We are in this army
- In next few weeks we will start our preparations for reaching our community
“Onward Christian Soldiers”