Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I Have a Dream" - Heb 11:10

I have a Dream”January 16,2011
Heb 11:10

Introduction
  • Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day
  • I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal."
  • “I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
  • “I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
  • “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character”.
  • I have a dream today. “
  • Martin Luther King had a dream, a dream which has largely become reality
  • But I too have a dream
  • And every Christian has a dream
  • That dream is of a nation we belong to, where there will be no more tyranny and viol;ence and hatred
  • This dream is true and faithful and it too will become reality
  • Hebrews 11 describes the heroes of faith, the hall of fame of those who endured to the end, who stayed true to their dream
What is a dream?
  • A dream is a goal to which we aspire
  • without a dream, we will accomplish little
  • a dream burns in your heart and seeks expression in action
  • Abraham had this dream
  • Heb 11:8-13
  • Abraham at this moment has not yet received that inheitence, he is waiting for the day he will receive it together with us
  • Heb 11:39-40
  • Hebrews 11 is full of examples of people who followed their dream
  • A dream is worth fighting for
  • It is something you desire so much you can taste it
  • Example: Remember when you were a kid an mom made chocolate chip cookies, and you ate some, straight out of the oven
  • Or what about freshly baked bread
  • You think back to that and it is as real to you as the day it happened
  • That is what faith is all about
  • it is about following a dream
  • but this dream is real
A dream is worth it
  • it is not a vapor, but it has substances
  • This dream enables us to go thru hard times
  • It makes the suffering worth it
  • Because God id doing something in us
  • He is preparing a place for us
  • and he is preparing us for the place
  • We go thru hard times and when we lose sight of the dream we wonder what its all about
  • but suffering and dfreams go hand in hand
  • something of value is worth sacrifice
  • Jesus tells of a man who sold all that he had, in order to buy a field in which there lies a treasure
  • this dream is worth sacrificing all that we have, for
I have a dream
  • I have a dream
  • I have a dream of a nation that is one under God
  • I have a dream of a city of Susanville that is drugfree
  • I have a dream of a time when there will be no more crying, pain or hurt
  • I have a dream of a body of believers that is united as one body
  • I dreeam of a church that steps up to its God-given purpose to be a light in this city, and that will sacrifice itself to do so
  • I dream of a city that opens its heart to God , where the heavens are open to God's blessing
  • I dream of God's purposes to happen in each of our lives
  • I taste this dream, I see it in fulfillment
  • I see people kneeling on the sidewalks of Susanville, praying
  • I see revival in our city, in our time.


Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment